Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dad Daughter Week

Time for an update from Montevideo! I realize that often my blogging gets so caught up in my random ponderings that I don't explain the daily things I have been up to! So here's a brief update on my life the past couple weeks :)

Two weeks ago: We returned from our trip to Iguazu Falls in Brazil and hit the books for a week. (A whole week of class? Heaven forbid we study here! lol) We also had a visiting faculty from the education department at ACU, Mitzi Adams. It was wonderful having another American here for a while and getting to show here around!


This past week: MY DAD CAME TO URUGUAY! This was one of the highlights of my time here. We went to a beach called Punta del Este for the weekend- a great daddy daughter weekend! We saw wind surfers (I'm inspired to learn now! lol), seals, a live fish market, the harbor, beautiful beaches, and an art museum. My dad also got to try all the amazing Uruguay foods. The most challenging part of the weekend was having me for a translator! But I suppose it was good Spanish practice. After Punta del Este, he spent two days here in Montevideo. I was able to show him all of my favorite spots- the beach, the Plaza, the historic district, the rose gardens, the cemetery, churches, etc. Overall it was a great time with him here! I definitely enjoyed myself and I hope he did too. Call me biased, but I think it would be quite hard to not fall in love with this beautiful country ;)


The week to come: Tomorrow I'll be leaving for Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for 10 days. I'm going with 3 other girls and we're planning beach hopping, taking the cable car up Sugarloaf Mountain, seeing the Christ the Redeemer statue, the National Park, art museums, and drinking a wholeeeee lot of Brazilian coffee and Guarana, the most wonderful soft drink known to mankind and native to Brazil. To say I'm ecstatic is an understatement :)


Until next time, besos y abrazos!

No comments:

Post a Comment