Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One Chapter Ends, Another Begins

I'm sitting in Room #2 of Casa ACU. It's empty. No clothes in the closet, no mate or dulce de leche (two delicious Uruguayan foods) on my desk, and no alpaca teddy bear on the bed. Seeing it empty is surreal.

Today has been hard for all of us. Saying goodbye is never fun, and we've all been walking around teary eyed. It's a little pathetic, but understandable too. In fact, I think the sadness we're experiencing is a good sign! It means that we have made the most of our semester here. It means we have fallen in love with a new culture. It means we've formed relationships. It means we've grown a little (and realize that we have a whole lot farther to go).

One chapter ends, another begins. I'm not sure what this next chapter back in the States will look like. What I do know, however, is that I will be taking the memories, lessons, and friendships from this past semester and use it in the next. In an hour, I'll be headed to the airport. And in a day, I'll be back in America. Seeing friends and family at home and being home for Christmas adds the "sweet" to this bittersweet transition. I am so looking forward to that part!

Thank you all for following me on this journey the past four months! I hope blogging has been an enjoyable way for you all to hear a little about this time! I am so grateful for this opportunity and that God has allowed me to have it! Praise Him for that :)

Chao amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment