Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Town Reunions

Before making my way to South America, I was able to spend an absolutely precious week with my ACU friends in Abilene, Texas! It has been a week full of high pitched squealing, ten minute long hugs, and endless chatting after the long summer. A sweet reunion with the people who made my freshman year unforgettable. The feeling I get at ACU is like sitting in front of the fireplace with hot chocolate and a good book in the winter. It feels right and warm and never fails to make me smile.

This week has also been what I would call a... humbling experience. No way of transportation, no place to stay, no meal plan, and no clear plans all week have stretched me and made me more flexible, or so I hope. It's been difficult having to depend on other people for my everyday needs, but a great reminder that God will always work out details to provide for His children! God, the Creator of the world and orchestrator of our lives, can certainly handle whether or not I make it to Rosa's for Taco Tuesdays. And if I don't make it to Rosa's for a feast of tortillas and guacamole for only $3, I think I will survive and my stomach will eventually forgive me.

I, along with nine other ACU students and some staff, leave tomorrow mid day for Montevideo. This is my last day in the USA until December. My last day in an English speaking population, last chance to grab a Starbucks, and last day of being bombarded by text messages and phone calls (I can't say that I'm too heartbroken about not having to deal with that for four months). Please pray that our group has safe and smooth travels to Uruguay. Until next time America, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment